Question: Where can I find a group with SBS teachings?
Answer: Stewarton Bible School is not a denomination and
has no membership. Nor do we control the meetings of any other
group on earth. There are, of course, many believers and groups
who agree with our teachings and organise their meetings like
ours; but they are not controlled by Stewarton Bible School.
They worship as the Almighty directs them.
do I suggest you worship with each Sabbath Day?
My answer is as follows:
- Find one or more Sabbath-keeping Christian groups in your
area and visit each in turn over the period of a few months.
- Then settle for the one where the most truth is preached
- Do not expect every member to be perfect or to agree 100% on every spiritual subject. That will only
happen when the Saviour returns and banishes our sin and ignorance
on spiritual matters. But you will certainly benefit by worshipping
with a group which believes these fundamental truths:
- The inspiration and infallibility of the Holy Bible, The King
- The Creation account in Genesis.
- The need to obey the Laws of God.
- The divinity of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the
Almighty God, the virgin birth, the Saviour's perfect life and sacrificial death for man's salvation.
- His resurrection, ascension to heaven and his promised Return
Where Should I Look?
THE BIBLE SABBATH ASSOCIATION
produces a Directory of Sabbath-Observing Groups
in which hundreds of names and addresses are listed. Though the
majority of addresses are in the USA, many other countries are
also included. To obtain the directory
or to just receive information about your town or area, contact them
Tel: 3316 Alberta Drive, Gillette,WY 82718 USA
Tel: Toll-free Orders: 888-687-5191
The Association also produces books and tracts in support of the
Ask for their current list.
You may even wish to start a small service in your own home; to which you can invite a few friends.
SBS has many Contact Persons world-wide who have done just that. Some even have their own web sites. For example visit the Home Page of Max Mader who is the SBS Contact Person in Toronto, Canada.
By doing the same or something similar, you will be standing alongside SBS as we proclaim the Everlasting Gospel to the world. But be sure we will not be controlling you in any way. Here are a few ideas about How to Establish a Church Group in Your Area.
Beware of Groups:
As you search for a company to worship with, you must beware of groups:
- Which teach that no Bible is infallible.
- Which teach that the Ten Commandments are obsolete.
- Which place miracles and speaking in tongues before obedience.
- Which teach that the dietary law mentioned in Leviticus 11
is obsolete and that a Christian may eat any meat. (pork, shell
fish, rabbit etc.)
I could spell out many more things to look out for, but our teachings are well documented at our web site. Write to
or email us for a Free website CD if
you do not already have one.
I'll end here in the Messiah's name
Elder: David B Loughran
(Founder of Stewarton Bible School, Scotland)
SBS Home FAQ The Perfect Church